About DM Cantor
Arrested in Arizona? Call Today for Help!
Our criminal defense team has over 5,000+ case victories and three (3) Board Certified Criminal Law Specialists per the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization (the most Certified Criminal Law Specialists of any firm in Arizona! – Read why this is important) .
We are the ONLY firm in Arizona with 3 Board Certified Criminal Law Specialists *
Since becoming a lawyer in 1989, Arizona Criminal Attorney and Arizona DUI Lawyer David Cantor has handled many high profile cases which have been covered by the local and national news media. He has been interviewed and has appeared on Good Morning America, Anderson Cooper Live, CNN, Inside Edition, the CBS Morning Show, Hannity and Colmes, and every local Arizona news channel including Univision. In addition, his cases have been covered by CNN, MSNBC, and even Howard Stern.
Notable Attributes of Arizona Criminal Attorney David Michael Cantor
- Certified Criminal Law Specialist since 1999 – per the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers® – Criminal Trial Section
- Voted Nation’s Top 1% Attorney by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel 2015-2023
- Voted Top 10 Attorney National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Voted Top 10 DUI/DWI Law Firm by American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- Voted Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the American Trial Lawyers Association® 2007, 2011 – 2015
- Voted Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyer by the American Society of Legal Advocates® 2014
- Voted 10.0 Superb Rating for Criminal Defense on Avvo
- Voted #1 in DUI Defense (2020) by Ranking Arizona
- Voted Superior DUI Attorney by National Advocacy for DUI Defense
- Received Client Satisfaction Award by American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys 2014 & 2015
- Voted the only Arizona Lawyer listed in the inaugural Southwest Super Lawyers® & again in the 2019 publication for Criminal Defense, DUI/DWI
- Former City of Phoenix Assistant City Prosecutor
- Instructed the Fourth Annual DUI Conference for Judges
- Former Trial Instructor at the Phoenix Police Academy
- Former Instructor at the Arizona MVD Hearing Office Teaching Administrative Law Judges
- Member of the National College for DUI Defense
- National Executive Committee Member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America; Criminal Law Section (1999 – 2000)
- Member of the Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Maricopa County Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Foundation
- Life Member National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Life Member Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Lifetime Charter Member Best Attorneys of America
- Charter Member of Trial Masters
- Founding Member of American Association of Premier DUI Lawyers
- Assistant Wrestling Coach at Chaparral High School
- Board Member ASU Sun Devil Wrestling Inner Circle
- Past Executive Board Member of Home Base Youth Services
- Co-Founder of Firebird Wrestling Club
- Speaker at the State Bar of Arizona’s “Ethics Issues for the 21st Century Lawyer” seminar.
Additional Information about Top Rated Arizona Criminal Defense Attorney David Cantor
David Michael Cantor is also a member of Cantor Law Group, PLLC (a separate and distinct law firm which emphasizes only Family Law). Some of DM Cantor’s high profile cases include:
- The dismissal with prejudice of capital murder charges (on the eve of trial) against Lisa Randall, a grandmother and daycare provider falsely accused of killing a baby in her care.
- The Michael Gherman Wal-Mart double capital murder trial.
- The rejection of criminal charges against Valinda Jo Elliott (the woman who became lost in the forest and set a signal fire which ultimately became the Rodeo-Chediski fire – burning more than five hundred thousand (500,000) acres and four hundred and forty (440) homes)
- The dismissal of charges against Richard Simmons (who was accused of slapping a rather large “cage fighter” that was taunting Mr. Simmons at the Sky Harbor Airport).
- The declining of filing charges against Sgt. Patrick Haab (an off-duty Army Reservist who took seven (7) illegal immigrants into custody at gunpoint because they had charged at him from the desert, at night, near a local highway rest stop).
David has represented numerous professional athletes in high profile cases such as Michael Beasley (NBA basketball player for the Phoenix Suns and Miami Heat), Brittney Griner (WNBA basketball player for the Phoenix Mercury) and B.K. Kim (MLB baseball player for the Arizona Diamondbacks). The David Michael Cantor Defense Team takes pride in being knowledgeable in all areas of forensic sciences. This includes DNA technology; Computer Forensics; Latent Fingerprint technology; Ballistics; Drug Recognition technology; Serology and Bodily Fluids testing; Blood, Breath and Urine Alcohol testing methods; Gas Chromatography and Infra-Red Mass-Spectrometry. In addition, the Cantor Criminal Defense Team has an extensive law library with research materials regarding FBI, Department of Public Safety, State and Local Police investigation manuals.
WE PRIDE OURSELVES IN KNOWING MORE THAN THE PROSECUTION AND POLICE OFFICERS! If there is any defense to a criminal allegation (either factual or technical), the David Michael Cantor Criminal Defense Team will find it and utilize it to your benefit. The Cantor Criminal Defense Team, along with the numerous expert witnesses at their disposal, can give you your best chance at a complete acquittal or reduction of the charges. For a free initial consultation, call us at 602-307-0808, or click here to contact us now. The David Michael Cantor Defense Team is BEYOND AGGRESSIVE!!!® We handle DUI/ DWI cases, vehicular crimes, homicide, drug and sex offenses, white collar crimes, property crimes and other violent crimes.
* Per the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization in Criminal Law – David Michael Cantor, Christine Whalin & Joey Hamby