Criminal Defense Attorney
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Avvo Client choice award 2016-2021
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2020 & 2021
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Choice Award 2018, 2019, 2020
- Top 40 trial attorneys under 40 years old
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- State Bar of Arizona, Criminal Law Section
- National College for DUI Defense
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Fluent in Russian
- Extensive Trial Experience
- Former Varsity Wrestler, Arizona State University
- Former professional MMA fighter
Jason Karpel was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. After high school, Jason attended Arizona State University, where he received his Bachelor’s degree in interdisciplinary studies. After graduating from Arizona State University, Jason loved Arizona so much, that he remained in-state in order to attend law school. While in law school, Jason was a teaching assistant and worked for a criminal defense firm. Jason graduated, immediately passed the bar exam, and began his life-long dream of working as a criminal defense attorney.
“It was a pleasure to work with Jason Karpel and I consider it my good fortune to be represented by Jason Karpel and David Cantor. I highly endorse Jason Karpel and will gladly recommend him to anyone for legal matters.”
Jason has worked at multiple local law firms and has always exclusively practiced in the area of Criminal Defense. Jason is an experienced and highly effective Criminal Defense Attorney. He handles all varieties of criminal court cases ranging from homicides, Sex Crimes, Drug Crimes, Appeals, DUI’s, and vehicular crimes. Jason has completed over 40 jury trials to verdict, and has been voted a “Super Lawyer” in the Southwest Super Lawyers publication in 2020 and 2021. Jason is married, and has 1 son, 2 dogs, and a cat.
- Obtained acquittals at numerous Jury Trials on felony and misdemeanor allegations including Aggravated DUI, DUI, Assault, Public Sexual Indecency.
- Successfully represented numerous people in vehicular crime allegations such as Hit and Run, Aggravated DUI, Manslaughter, Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon, DUI, and other driving offenses throughout Arizona.
- Successfully represented numerous individuals accused of Drug Possession, Sale, and Transportation throughout Arizona.
- Successfully represented numerous people accused of Domestic Violence allegations such as Assault, Kidnapping, Disorderly Conduct, and Criminal Damage.
- Successfully represented numerous people at administrative hearings.