Common Drug Crime Charges in Arizona
Facing Drug Charges in Phoenix, Arizona? Call an Attorney Today for Help!
Please choose the best topic below to learn more about different drug charges.
Common Drug Crimes Defenses
When facing drug-related charges in Phoenix, Arizona, it’s crucial to understand that a skilled Phoenix drug crime attorney can provide you with a range of legal defenses to protect your rights and advocate for your best interests. The complexity of drug crimes demands an experienced lawyer who can navigate the intricate legal landscape and challenge the prosecution’s case. Here are some common legal defenses that a knowledgeable attorney might employ on your behalf:
- Illegal Search and Seizure : Your lawyer could challenge the legality of the search and seizure that led to your arrest. If law enforcement conducted a search without a valid warrant or without meeting the criteria for a legal search, evidence obtained during that search might be suppressed, weakening the prosecution’s case.
- Lack of Probable Cause : Your attorney might argue that law enforcement lacked sufficient evidence or probable cause to initiate the investigation or arrest. If your rights were violated due to a lack of reasonable suspicion, it could lead to dismissal of the charges.
- Miranda Rights Violation : If you were not read your Miranda rights during your arrest, any statements you made to law enforcement might be inadmissible in court. Your lawyer could argue that your rights were violated during the arrest process.
- Chain of Custody Issues : Your attorney might question the integrity of the evidence by examining whether proper procedures were followed in handling and storing seized drugs. Any breaks in the chain of custody could cast doubt on the evidence’s authenticity.
- Crime Lab Analysis : Challenging the accuracy of crime lab analysis is another defense strategy. Your lawyer might question the lab’s methods, qualifications of personnel, or the potential for cross-contamination of evidence, which could raise doubt about the results.
- Entrapment : If law enforcement induced you to commit a drug crime that you wouldn’t have committed otherwise, your attorney could argue entrapment. This defense highlights that you were coerced into the criminal act.
In Phoenix, drug crimes can lead to serious consequences, but having a skilled lawyer who can strategically employ these defenses can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. A knowledgeable Phoenix drug crime attorney will work tirelessly to analyze the circumstances surrounding your arrest, build a strong defense, and protect your rights throughout the legal process.
Board Certified Criminal Law Specialization
As of the start of 2023, the State Bar of Arizona Board of Legal Specialization listed only 56 Criminal Law Specialists in the entire state. Of these 56, only 39 are located in Maricopa County and are allowed to handle private cases.
DM Cantor has 3 Criminal Law Specialists, the most of any firm in Arizona.
When defending criminal allegations, it is critical to have as many Board Certified Criminal Law Specialists on your legal team as possible.
The specialization process is so rigorous that only 23 current Criminal Law Specialists have been certified this century.
In addition, all specialists must be approved for re-certification every 5 years.
At DM Cantor, our attorneys have conducted Jury Trials on hundreds of cases.
Every case defended by DM Cantor includes at least 1 Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist on the legal team who is directly handling or supervising the case’s progress.
This is the way it should be.
If you have been charged with a drug crime , such as the sale or manufacture of a dangerous drug, possession or use of a dangerous drug, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia or any other drug-related offense, you need the assistance of an experienced Drug Attorney in Arizona from DM Cantor. The Cantor Defense Team is highly versed in all areas of criminal defense for drug crimes .
Why Hire a Board Certified Specialist?
Engaging the services of a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist is a critical decision when facing drug crime charges. The intricate nature of drug-related offenses demands a level of expertise and experience that goes beyond a general understanding of criminal law. A specialist in this field possesses an in-depth understanding of the complex laws, regulations, and precedents that pertain to drug crimes, ensuring that no stone is left unturned in building a robust defense strategy. From scrutinizing search and seizure procedures for potential Fourth Amendment violations to analyzing the validity of evidence and challenging the prosecution’s case, a Board Certified Specialist’s expertise can be the key to minimizing the impact of drug crime charges.
When grappling with drug crime accusations, the consequences can be severe, including lengthy prison sentences, hefty fines, and a tarnished criminal record. Hiring a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist means entrusting your case to an attorney who has demonstrated exceptional competence and dedication to the field of criminal law. Their specialized knowledge enables them to craft tailored defense strategies that take into account the unique circumstances of your case. By leveraging their skills, experience, and extensive network of resources, a specialist can provide you with the best chance of obtaining a favorable outcome in the face of drug crime charges.
Watch this short video where David explains Drug Crimes in Arizona :
Many Drug Defense Attorneys on the Cantor Defense Team are former prosecutors and have likely worked with cases just like yours as a prosecutor in the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office or the Arizona Attorney General’s Office; the Phoenix City Prosecutor’s Office. We have over 150 years of combined jury trial experience. We practice in all City, Justice, State and Federal courts throughout Arizona!
The Cantor Criminal Defense Team takes pride in being knowledgeable in all areas of the forensic sciences. We will utilize whatever scientific tools that help drive your drug-related case to acquittal or a reduction of the criminal charges. Some of these forensic tools include DNA testing technology; drug recognition technology; serology and bodily fluids testing; gas chromatography, infrared mass-spectrometry and others.
WE PRIDE OURSELVES IN KNOWING MORE ABOUT DRUG CRIME DEFENSES THAN THE PROSECUTORS AND POLICE OFFICERS!
If there is any technical or factual defense to an allegation of a drug-related crime , the Cantor Criminal Defense Team of Drug Attorneys in Arizona will find it and utilize it to your benefit.
Work With a Drug Possession Lawyer
It is important to hire an AV® rated law firm (the highest possible rating by Martindale Hubbell®). Also David Michael Cantor is a Drug Lawyer in Arizona and a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist , per the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization. In addition, the Firm and all of its lawyers are listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers® . At DM Cantor , many of our Attorneys are ex-Prosecutors, and all of our Attorneys know the system well. For a free initial consultation, call us at 602-307-0808 , or click here to contact us now .
The Cantor Defense Team of drug offense attorneys offer BEYOND AGGRESSIVE defense in all courts in the Phoenix metro area, including Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, Glendale, Goodyear, Chandler, Gilbert, Fountain Hills, Buckeye, Avondale, Paradise Valley, Peoria, Surprise, Sun City, El Mirage and throughout the state of Arizona.
Contact DM Cantor and speak to a Drug Attorney in Arizona about your case. We also handle DUI/ DWI cases , vehicular crimes , homicide , drug and sex offenses , white collar crimes , property crimes and other violent crimes .