Peoria, AZ DUI Lawyer
Arrested in Arizona? Call Today for Help!
Have you recently been charged with a DWI or DUI in Peoria, AZ? If so, it is imperative that you hire an experienced Peoria DUI lawyer to help you mitigate the damages that can occur if you are found guilty. Check out our Top 5 DUI Defenses for beating a Peoria DUI.
Watch this video of DM Cantor, ranked a “best DUI lawyer in Peoria, AZ“, talk about what to do or expect when charged with a DUI in Peoria.
David Michael Cantor and his staff have over 2,500 DUI case victories and years of experience representing clients in the Peoria City Court.
What are the Penalties for a DUI in Peoria, AZ?
The basic penalties for being arrested for a DUI offense in Peoria are essentially the same as they would be if you were stopped anywhere else in the State of Arizona. If you are stopped and then arrested for a DUI offense in Peoria, you should contact DM Cantor immediately and we can help build a solid DUI defense and help get these charges reduced or dropped completely.
A list of the penalties commonly associated with a Regular DUI Offense in Peoria include the following:
- You can expect a mandatory minimum of 10 days in jail – 9 days can be suspended only upon completion of alcohol counseling for a first time DUI offense.
- You can expect to pay a fine of at least $1,250, and possibly more, depending on the discretion of the judge who handles your case.
- Your license will be suspended for a minimum of 90 days.
- You will be required to install an IID (Interlock Ignition Device) in your vehicle. This is a device that automatically prevents your vehicle from starting if alcohol is detected on your breath.
What penalties can you expect for a Regular Second DUI Offense in Peoria?
- You can expect to spend 90 days in jail – 60 days can be suspended only upon completion of alcohol counseling – for a second DUI offense.
- The base fine for a second DUI offense begins at $3,500, and may be increased according to the discretion of the judge who tries your case.
- Your license will suspended for a full year.
- You will be required to fit an IID on your vehicle.
What penalties can you expect for a Third DUI Offense in Peoria?
- You face having a permanent Felony Conviction on your record.
- You can expect to spend a minimum of 4 months in prison. The actual amount of time that you spend in prison will be determined by the judge who tries your case.
- You can expect minimum fees in the ball park of $5,000! The maximum amount of the fine will be determined by the judge who tries your case.
- Your license will be revoked for a minimum of at least one year.
- You will be required to install an IID device on your vehicle.
What happens if you refuse to take a chemical test in Peoria?
Technically, driving is a privilege, not a right. Because of this, if you refuse to provide a chemical test of the officer’s choice, you will face a license suspension of one year. If you are unsure what to do, always request to speak with a DUI law specialist.
What level of Blood Alcohol Content determines a DUI in Arizona?
The level of blood alcohol content it takes to get you arrested for a DUI offense in Peoria, as well as everywhere else in the state of Arizona, will depend upon a number of factors, as described below.
- If you are under the age of 21, the presence of any alcohol in your system can get you arrested. There is a zero tolerance policy in effect for underage drinking and driving (ARS 4-244 34) in the State of Arizona.
- If you over the age of 21, the legal limit is set at 0.08 BAC.
- If you are driving a commercial vehicle, such as a tow truck or an 18 wheeler, the legal limit is 0.04 percent.
How long can a Prior DUI Arrest stay on your record in Arizona?
Another fact that a reputable Peoria DUI Lawyer will no doubt alert you to, is that there is a 7 year “look back” in effect in the state of Arizona. This means that a prior DUI conviction will be a factor in increasing the possible severity of your sentence, if you should be convicted for an additional DUI within 7 years.
What to do if you are facing charges & need a Peoria DUI Lawyer?
If you are facing DUI charges in Peoria, your first action should be to contact the DM Cantor soon as possible and schedule a Free Consultation by Calling (602) 307-0808 or filling out our Online Contact Form Below.