Lookin for a DUI attorney near you?
Call our Experienced Arizona DUI Defense Attorney Today! We have decades of legal experience and have been practicing in state and federal courts across Arizona since 1989.
CALL NOW, OPEN 24/7 (602) 307-0808
Hire the Best DUI Attorney
- Free Case Evaluation
- Former Prosecutors Turned Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Over 5,000+ case victories
- Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist with over 160 Complete Jury Trial Acquittals: NOT GUILTY/ALL CHARGES!!
Getting a DUI in Phoenix does not have to be the end. A DUI is a serious criminal charge and can damage your reputation as well as your life. A drunk driving attorney can make it all go away!
When you are accused of drunk driving, you should begin looking for the best DUI attorney ASAP. The DM Cantor Defense Team is highly versed in all areas of vehicular criminal law, including felony and misdemeanor charges of DUI, DWI, vehicular manslaughter, aggressive driving, reckless driving, unlawful flight from police, hit and run, and other DUI vehicular-related crimes.
Why You Need a DUI Attorney
Facing legal consequences or penalties related to the DUI charge? If you find yourself facing charges for driving under the influence (DUI), it is crucial to understand why you need a DUI attorney by your side. DUI cases can have severe consequences, including license suspension, hefty fines, increased insurance premiums, and even potential jail time. Navigating the complex legal system on your own can be overwhelming and risky.
A skilled DUI attorney brings expertise, knowledge of relevant laws, and experience in handling similar cases. They can analyze the details of your case, identify potential defenses, and guide you through the legal process. We will work to protect your rights, challenge evidence, negotiate with prosecutors, and strive for the best possible outcome, whether it’s a reduced sentence, dismissal of charges, or alternative sentencing options. With our support, you gain peace of mind, knowing that you have a dedicated advocate fighting for your best interests and helping you navigate through this challenging time.
What to Look for in a DUI Attorney
Look for attorneys who have specific experience in handling DUI cases and a successful track record. Our criminal defense team has over 5,000+ case victories defending individuals who have been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The firm DM Cantor, and David Cantor has been rated by numerous prestigious awards and reviewing website as the Best Criminal Defense Attorney and Best DUI Vehicualar Crimes Attorneys in Arizona.
- Certified Criminal Law Specialist since 1999 – per the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers® – Criminal Trial Section
- Voted Nation’s Top 1% Attorney by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel 2015-2023
- Voted Top 10 Attorney National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Voted Top 10 DUI/DWI Law Firm by American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- Voted Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the American Trial Lawyers Association® 2007, 2011 – 2015
- Voted Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyer by the American Society of Legal Advocates® 2014
- Voted 10.0 Superb Rating for Criminal Defense on Avvo
- Voted #1 in DUI Defense (2020) by Ranking Arizona
- Voted Superior DUI Attorney by National Advocacy for DUI Defense
What to Expect When Facing a DUI in Phoenix
First, you will likely face criminal charges and may be arrested. Your driver’s license may be suspended, and you may need to request a hearing to challenge the suspension. You will need to appear in court and may be required to hire a DUI attorney to represent you. The legal process will involve presenting evidence, potential negotiations with prosecutors, and the possibility of a trial. If convicted, you could face penalties such as fines, mandatory DUI education programs, probation, community service, or even jail time. It’s crucial to understand the specific laws and procedures in Phoenix, as well as seek legal guidance to navigate through the process effectively.
Did you know?
- Your driver’s license is set to automatically get suspended.
- You only have a few short days to request a DMV hearing to keep your driving privileges.
- Depending on the offense you could lose your driver’s license for as long as 3 years.
- Depending on the conviction, penalties can run in the tens of thousands.
- You could be looking at jail time with a misdemeanor or felony on your record.
Defending Against Your First DUI Charge
When defending against your first DUI charge, there are several key steps to consider. Firstly, it is important to consult with a DUI attorney who specializes in handling such cases. We will guide you through the legal process and provide expert advice tailored to your specific situation.
Your DM Cantor DUI attorney will thoroughly review the details of your arrest, including the evidence against you, such as a breathalyzer or blood test results, field sobriety tests, and any police reports. They will assess whether there were any procedural errors or violations of your rights during the arrest or testing process.
Have You Been Charged With Your Second Or Third DUI? You Need Legal Help Now
If you have been charged with your second or third DUI offense, it is crucial to seek legal help immediately. Multiple DUI charges carry more severe penalties and consequences than a first offense. A skilled DUI attorney who specializes in handling repeat DUI cases can provide invaluable assistance in navigating through the complex legal system.
A DUI attorney will thoroughly analyze the details of your case, including prior convictions, evidence against you, and any potential errors or violations that could be used in your defense. They will explore all possible legal strategies to challenge the charges and work towards achieving the best possible outcome.
With multiple DUI charges, the stakes are higher, and the penalties can include longer license suspensions, increased fines, mandatory alcohol treatment programs, ignition interlock device requirements, and even imprisonment. A knowledgeable attorney will advocate for your rights, negotiate with prosecutors to potentially reduce charges or penalties, and guide you through the legal process.
It is important to take these charges seriously and understand that the consequences can significantly impact your personal and professional life. Seeking the immediate assistance of a skilled DUI attorney will provide you with the best chance of mounting a strong defense and potentially minimizing the negative repercussions you may face.
Are you facing charges for DUI or DWI? Call DM Cantor today at (602) 307-0808 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our DUI defense attorney in Phoenix, Arizona.
DUI & DWI Related Topics
- Alcoholism and addiction: Understanding the root causes and potential treatment options for alcoholism and addiction can help prevent DUI incidents in the first place.
- Responsible drinking: Learning how to drink responsibly and make safe choices while under the influence of alcohol can help reduce the risk of DUI incidents.
- Traffic laws and regulations: Understanding traffic laws and regulations, as well as the consequences of breaking them, can help prevent DUI incidents and other traffic-related accidents.
- Mental health and stress management: Addressing mental health issues and learning effective stress management techniques can help reduce the likelihood of turning to alcohol as a coping mechanism, which can lead to DUI incidents.
- Impacts of DUI incidents: Exploring the negative consequences of DUI incidents, such as legal penalties, financial consequences, and potential harm to oneself or others, can help deter individuals from engaging in such behavior.
- Designated driving: Understanding the importance of having a designated driver, and promoting the practice of responsible driving can help prevent DUI incidents.
- Public transportation: Encouraging the use of public transportation, such as buses or trains, as an alternative to driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Community education: Educating the public about the dangers and consequences of DUI incidents, and how to prevent them, can help reduce the number of such incidents in the community.
- Law enforcement strategies: Examining effective law enforcement strategies, such as sobriety checkpoints and increased DUI patrols, can help prevent DUI incidents and improve public safety.
- Technology and innovation: Exploring new technologies and innovations, such as breathalyzers and mobile apps that help individuals monitor their blood alcohol content, can help reduce the number of DUI incidents and promote safe driving practices.