Sandra C. Schutz
Criminal Defense Attorney
- Fachoberschule – Bad Neustadt an der Saale
- A-level degree with Specialization in Psychology and Pedagogy – 2007
- Arizona State University – W.P. Carey School of Business
- Bachelor of Science: Management in International Business – Summa Cum Laude – 2015
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University
- Juris Doctorate – 2018
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- State Bar of Arizona, Criminal Law Section
- Extensive Trial Experience
- Fluent in German
- Former Maricopa County Deputy Public Defender
- CALI Award Recipient in Criminal Law, Legal Writing, and Legal Skills
- Member Phi Kappa Phi and Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Societies
Sandra was born and raised in Germany where she received her A-level degree with a specialization in psychology and pedagogy. She then moved to the United States in order to spend a gap year before resuming her education. She soon fell in love with the American culture and people, and decided to start a life here.
Sandra then went to Arizona State University where she graduated Summa Cum Laude from the W.P. Carey School of Business with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management and a Certificate in International Business. An apparent Sun Devil for life, she then earned her Juris Doctorate degree from Arizona State University’s Sandra Day O’Connor School of Law.
Criminal law has been a keen interest of Sandra’s for many years. Her stepfather was a prosecutor and then a judge in Germany, and Sandra did her first internship at his courthouse when she was only fifteen years old. However, Sandra realized that she was much more interested in defense, and spent the majority of her law school career as an extern at a criminal defense firm here in the Valley. Following the bar exam, she spent several years in the public law sector, representing indigent clients in felony cases of all levels in Maricopa County Superior Court. In that position, Sandra handled hundreds of felony cases from inception to resolution.
Coming from a different country, Sandra automatically looks at all situations from numerous angles, which is a skill she believes to be crucial in criminal defense. Her strong work ethic, paired with a client-centered approach and strong knowledge of the law, have repeatedly resulted in excellent results for her clients.
In her free time, Sandra enjoys cooking, hiking, reading, video-gaming, and spending time with her long-time boyfriend and their dog and two cats.